Did you miss me? I feel as if I’ve been gone forever. I know my family missed me, but thankfully my mom has been in town to help out my hubby with the kids. Thank God my mom helps me when I travel. She is the best mom and abuela. I couldn’t do what I do without her and the support of my hubby. I’ll tell you all about the Latin Twist book tour in a blog post soon…I promise.
Vianney and I were in sunny California and I was nervous to come back to chilly Colorado. But actually, it is still warm and sunny here too. I love that the leaves look like its fall, but the weather is still warm.
This recipe can be made indoors on a skillet or an outdoor grill to celebrate the end of summer grilling season. These simple steak tacos with warm flour tortillas topped with spicy and crunchy salsa and grilled avocado slices are delicious anytime of year.
Steak Tacos with Cucumber-Jicama Salsa
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound sirloin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small jicama, peeled, cut into matchstick pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled, cut into matchstick pieces
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, cut into matchstick pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- avocado slices, grilled (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper and cook about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let steak rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add jicama, cucumber, and jalapeño and toss with lime juice and remaining oil in a medium bowl. Season salsa with salt.
- Chop steak and serve on tortillas topped with cucumber-jicama salsa and grilled avocado slices.
Disclosure: Recipe developed for Local Harvest