Steak Fajita Skewers
Sizzling fajitas on a stick! Steak Fajita Skewers are perfect for summer grilling — tender pieces of steak, colorful bell peppers, and bright red onion grilled to perfection. Healthy grilling never looked so good!
Yay, grilling season is officially here. My hubby and I used to compete for “grill master” and have finally agreed that I am the clear winner. He is great at cooking on the smoker and I’m more of the griller. One too many overcooked and dry hamburger patties don’t lie.
These steak fajita skewers are so simple to make and perfect for upcoming holidays like Memorial weekend and Father’s Day which are fast approaching.
What cut of beef should I use?
For these easy steak fajita kabobs, I used a top sirloin steak. It is a lean and flavorful cut that holds up really well on a skewer and on the grill. If you wanted to make this recipe as traditional steak fajitas, I would recommend flank steak.
Marinating and assembling
The marinating and the assembling of these skewers is what takes the bulk of the time, but even that doesn’t take too long.
If you love steak fajitas you will love all the flavors of these steak fajita skewers marinated in avocado oil, fresh lime juice, onion, and pepper seasoning.
As a brand ambassador with Tastefully Simple I had a delicious time developing a healthy and easy grilling recipe with minimal ingredients.
Tastefully Simple products can be purchased online and are clean-label foods that contain no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
I love this simple marinade for these fajita steak kabobs. As mentioned above, you could substitute in a different cut of meat and use this same marinade to make traditional steak fajitas.
Marinate for at least 30 minutes, preferably several hours or even overnight.
- Tastefully Simple® Avocado Oil. Feel free to substitute with olive oil.
- Lime Juice. Freshly squeezed.
- Tastefully Simple® Onion Onion Seasoning. This seasoning is a blend of onion, shallots, chives and sea salt.
- Tastefully Simple® Seasoned Pepper. This seasoning is a combination of black pepper, red bell pepper, and oregano.
When it comes to grilling it is very easy to overcook beef. These skewers grill for a total of 8 minutes – only 4 minutes on each side.
How to serve
Did you make these Steak Fajita Skewers? Rate the recipe and leave me a comment to let me know how it turned out!
Steak Fajita Skewers
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion, onion seasoning or onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds top sirloin steak, cut into 1 to 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch squares
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch squares
- Combine lime juice, avocado oil, seasoned pepper, onion seasoning, and salt in a bowl.
- In a gallon sized freezer bag place the steak cubes, and pour half of the marinade.
- Seal the bag, pressing out all of the air, then massage the oil and seasoning into the steak.
- In a separate freezer bag add bell peppers and onion and pour the remaining marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, preferably several hours or even overnight.
- Thread the steak, and vegetables onto bamboo skewers.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Place the skewers on the grill and cook, with lid lowered, 4 minutes per side for medium.
- Remove from the heat to aluminum foil, wrap and allow to rest for 2 to 3 minutes prior to serving.
- If you do not have seasoned pepper, replace with ½ teaspoon black pepper and ½ teaspoon dried oregano.
- Soak the skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling. This will help prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Include the 10% promo offer using code: “MUYBUENO.” Good though July 1, 2020.
Photography by Jenna Sparks
This post is sponsored by Tastefully Simple. Personal opinions and thoughts are my own.