This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Knorr. The opinions and text are all mine.
As a busy mom the best weeknight dinners are the ones that require the least amount of cleanup. At the end of a busy day, I don’t want to be standing over the sink washing dishes for longer than I have to.
When Knorr reached out asking me to try their newest product, Knorr Selects, which were created by chefs who understand how families with demanding schedules cook, I knew I had to jump on board. I grew up watching my grandma cook with Knorr and was excited to partner with a trusted brand that has been in my family for generations. Knorr Selects are quick and easy to make (ready in 10 minutes) and are perfect for a one-pot meal or as a flavorful side.
You might remember that I recently traveled with ViveMejor.com. At their private media event, I demoed a garlic shrimp risotto made with Knorr Selects. I was inspired by some of the same ingredients and incorporated them into this recipe and my family loved it.
I grilled large shrimp with red bell pepper, garlic, Knorr Selects Asiago Cheese & Cracked Black Pepper, and fresh spinach. This creamy shrimp and rice dish is weeknight gold, as it only calls for one skillet to pull it all together. And if you really want minimal cleanup, pull out the paper plates, I won’t tell.
This one-pot dinner is comfort food at its very best. It’s creamy and rich, but with shrimp, bell peppers, and spinach to make it wholesome. You can feel good since Knorr Selects are made with no artificial flavors, no artificial preservatives, and are gluten-free.
Knorr Selects comes in six mouthwatering flavors and are available at all major retailers.
Shrimp and Spinach Rice with Asiago Cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and bell pepper and cook for 3 minutes until shrimp turn pink, stirring in garlic during last 30 seconds. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour water, milk, butter, and Knorr® Selects™ into the same pan. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and boil for uncovered for 7 minutes, while stirring frequently, until rice is tender and sauce is creamy.
- Toss in spinach and cook 3 additional minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and bell peppers.
- Turn off the heat and wait at least 2 minutes for the sauce to thicken. Sprinkle red pepper flakes and stir once more and enjoy.