If a pumpkin pie and an apple cake had a baby you’d get this amazing dessert. This is the ultimate treat for those who love apple and pumpkin equally. There’s no need to choose. This dessert topped with a whipped cream cheese frosting is loaded with autumnal flavors and spices, but easy and convenient canned pumpkin makes this a lovely dessert for Thanksgiving. Make it the day before and refrigerate overnight; serve at room temperature.
Pumpkin Apple Bundt Cake
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate shavings, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use vegetable shortening to grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- Combine the pumpkin, sugar, eggs, applesauce, and oil in the bowl of a stand mixer fit with a flat beater attachment and beat until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, and spices; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture. Add chopped apples and lightly combine.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, with a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar and heavy whipping cream until smooth.
- Frost cake and sprinkle with shaved chocolate, if using.
This recipe was created in partnership with KitchenAid®. All opinions are my own.