Equal parts sweet pomegranate juice and tangy grapefruit juice, spiked with tequila, and topped with ginger beer. One sip of this Pomegranate-Grapefruit Paloma and you’ll be transported to a magical tropical paradise in the North Pole.
How have I not made this cocktail before? This cocktail reminds me of the flavors in this Pomegranate Grapefruit Campari Cocktail, but instead of the bitter Italian aperitif, this cocktail is spiked with aged and smooth Exotico reposado tequila from Mexico. It’s the flavors of summer and winter all wrapped up in one festive cocktail.
As you know, I love a good Moscow mule and this paloma also includes ginger beer for a fizzy spicy hint of ginger.
This ruby-red Christmas cocktail is simple and elegant, garnished with mint and pomegranate seeds.
- 2/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 2/3 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces Exotico reposado tequila
- 4 ounces ginger beer
- lime slices
- pomegranate seeds
- mint leaves
- Add pomegranate juice, grapefruit juice, tequila, and ice in a cocktail shaker; cover, and shake.
- Strain evenly into 2 glasses filled with ice. Top each glass with 2 ounces of ginger beer.
- Garnish each cocktail with a lime slice, pomegranate seeds, and mint leaves.
- For this recipe I recommend an aged and smooth tequila like Exotico reposado.
Photography by Jenna Sparks
This post is in partnership with Exotico. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.