*This giveaway is no longer accepting entries – scroll down to the bottom to see who won!*
I live in Colorado and my sister lives in Germany and we were so ready for some sunshine. Luckily in Colorado we get a lot of sunshine but we also get the occasional heavy snowfall and very cold weather. Germany on the other hand has had the darkest winter in 62 years with only 96 hours of sunshine. My poor sister, I can’t even imagine. Luckily we had the chance to escape our winter homes and run away to Cancun/Riviera Maya for the annual Food & Wine festival. We were very excited to be able to enjoy the ocean breeze and glorious sunshine together. Some of you even followed our adventures via Twitter, Instagram, and Vine, and of course on our Facebook page.
When Blendtec sent me this lovely blender I knew I had to make something that made me excited for our trip to Mexico and that is when I came up with a tropical pineapple and mango granita. Let me just back up and say how impressed I am with this blender. My other blender was so ready to kick the bucket. I normally buy glass jar blenders because that is what we were raised on, but let me just say I can’t even keep track of how many glass jars I’ve broken. This blender is made of BPA-free plastic and it fits under my cabinet where I like to keep it. It exceeds my expectations in every way–the powerful motor makes blending a breeze. The blade is substantial, and though it has only two prongs, it cuts through everything I have tried, and the shape of the jar makes pouring clean and easy.
When this blender arrived it felt like Christmas morning. I decide to test the power of this baby and add pineapple and mangos. It chopped the fruit into smithereens in seconds and puréed it with no problem. I know my old blender good enough to know it would have had some serious trouble puréeing this fruit. Not only is this Blendtec powerful but it is also sleek looking with its high-tech digital display. The blender also comes with a cookbook with so many recipes I am so excited to try out.
If you are craving summer as much as I am then I hope your blender can handle blending this fruit, and if it’s not then be sure to enter this giveaway below.
For one entry, leave a comment on this post and tell us what you would make with this blender.
You can receive additional entries to win by doing the following.
- Join Blendtec on Facebook and leave a separate comment below letting us know you did.
- Join Muy Bueno Cookbook on Facebook and leave a separate comment below letting us know you did.
- Follow Blendtec on Twitter and leave a separate comment below letting us know you are a follower.
- Follow Muy Bueno Cookbook on Twitter and leave a separate comment below letting us know you are a follower.
- Subscribe to Blendtec recipe emails and leave a separate comment below letting us know you subscribed.
- Subscribe to receive Muy Bueno blog updates and subscriber-only content via email and leave a separate comment below letting us know you subscribed.
- Tweet the following message: Enter to win a #Blendtec hosted by @MuyBuenoCooking http://bit.ly/WJnxps
Deadline for this giveaway is March 28, 2013 at midnight MST. One lucky winner will be chosen by random.org and will be notified within 24 hours. Winners must respond within 48 hours.
You must have a valid U.S. address to enter.
Buena suerte! Good Luck!
Pineapple and Mango Granita
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 mangos, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- Blend the limejuice, sugar, pineapple, and mangos until pureed.
- Pour all ingredients into a 9 x 9-inch baking dish. Cover it with plastic wrap and freeze for 2 to 3 hours.
- Freeze for two to three hours and gently scrape the top layer with a fork. Repeat every two hours until all of it has been scraped.
- Scoop into ramekins or pretty glasses, add a sprig of mint or seasonal fruit for garnish, and enjoy.
Written by Yvette / Photos by Yvette
Disclosure: Blendtec is providing the winner with this giveaway. Blendtec sent me a blender to review and keep. We were not compensated for this post. All opinions shared about this product are our own.
Random.org has chosen our winner!