Spice up your menu with these Maple Syrup Chipotle Roasted Brussels Sprouts. They’re lightly roasted in the oven with a little bit of olive oil and salt, and then drizzled with a maple syrup-chipotle mixture and roasted a bit more.
Can you believe I did not eat brussels sprouts until I was in my 30’s? My mother-in-law served them for Thanksgiving and I was giggling to myself as I took my first bite. I just couldn’t wait to taste them.
I remember as a little girl wanting to taste brussels sprouts – my family never bought them, nor did I ever see them in a grocery store, but I would see them on TV shows like The Brady Bunch.
Now, I can’t get enough of them! I especially love them roasted like these Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash I make for the holidays.
This recipe is a great side dish perfect for Easter or any busy weeknight. And of course, I had to give them a yummy Mexican twist with the addition of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
Spice up your Easter menu with these Maple Syrup Chipotle Roasted Brussels Sprouts. They’re lightly roasted in the oven with a little bit of olive oil and salt, and then drizzled with a maple syrup-chipotle mixture and roasted a bit more. The maple syrup gives these brussels sprouts a lovely caramel and woodsy flavor with a slightly spicy and smoky hint from the chipotle peppers.
Photography by Jenna Sparks
LIKE THIS RECIPE? YOU’LL LOVE THESE, TOO:
- Pioneer Woman’s Brussels Sprouts
- Summer Squash and Brussels Sprouts One-Pot Rice
- Grilled Tri-Tip Steak with Spicy Seared Brussels Sprouts
- Pork Chops in Salsa Verde
Maple Syrup Chipotle Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the brussels sproutson a rimmed sheet pan and drizzle them with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and toss them together.
- Roast for 15 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine minced peppers, adobo sauce, and maple syrup.
- Drizzle with the maple syrup chipotle mixture and combine, but reserve a few tablespoons for serving.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with any remaining sauce, and serve sprouts while warm.
- Feel free to use honey instead of maple syrup.
- Reduce the amount of chipotle to 1 or 2 chiles for a milder version.