Lemon Butter Fish + Video
This one-skillet Lemon Butter Fish recipe is easy and can be made in under 20 minutes from start to finish.
Trying to eat more fish and veggies? You’re in luck! This one-skillet Lemon Butter Fish recipe is easy and can be made in under 20 minutes from start to finish.
Pair this dish with Cilantro Lime Rice and vegetables for a light and tasty weeknight dinner.
Lemon Butter Fish
This easy Lemon Butter Fish is flavorful made with any firm and mild flavored white fish. I made this recipe using paiche, which is very mild, similar to a tilapia, but rich almost like lobster. Even picky eaters who are not fish lovers will appreciate this dish.
The fish is seasoned with a homemade spice rub then drizzled with a mixture of melted Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil and Sea Salt, fresh lemon juice, and lemon zest.
The combination forms an irresistible golden, caramelized crust on the fish and the texture doesn’t flake apart, making it easy to flip in a hot pan.
Watch this video to see how quickly this dish comes together.
Photography by Jenna Sparks
This post is in partnership with Land O Lakes. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.
YOU WILL LOVE THESE, TOO:
Lemon Butter Fish
- 4 firm white fish fillets, about 6 inches long, 1-inch thick (recommend paiche or tilapia)
- 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil and Sea Salt, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- lemon slices for serving
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter with olive oil and sea salt, lemon juice, and zest. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Evenly sprinkle spice mixture onto both sides of fish fillets.
- In a large, heavy pan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until hot. Cook 2 fish fillets at a time to avoid overcrowding, which allows for even browning. Cook each side 3 to 4 minutes just until fish becomes opaque, feels somewhat firm in the center, and is browned.
- Lightly drizzle some of the lemon butter sauce as you cook, reserving the rest for serving.
- Serve fish with remaining lemon butter sauce, cilantro, and lemon slices.