We are ringing in the New Year with Hibiscus Margaritas. As another year draws to a close and we look back to yet another year, we have so much to be thankful for. The list is endless but we could not have done this without you, our familia y amigos. Your love and support warms our heart and homes.
This year instead of shaking up cocktails we invite you to try our punch bowl happiness. From all of us at Muy Bueno enjoy our simple and festive Hibiscus Margarita.
May 2013 bring you much love, joy, and good health. Happy New Year y Próspero Año Nuevo!
Salud from Veronica, Yvette, y Vangie
Hibiscus Margarita Punch
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup dry hibiscus flowers, rinsed in cold water
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 8 limes, juiced
- 4 cups tequila, silver
- 2 cups Grand Marnier
- 3 cups triple sec
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for rimming glasses
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Bring water to a boil in a pot. Add the flowers and cover tightly with a lid. Remove from the heat and steep for 1 hour. Strain hibiscus flowers from tea. Add the agave nectar while tea is still warm and mix well. Allow time to cool before adding to punch bowl.
- In a punch bowl add hibiscus tea, lime juice, tequila, Grand Marnier, and triple sec. Combine well in punch bowl and add large block of ice to bowl before serving. Large block of ice will melt slower in punch bowl than small ice cubes.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and set out on a plate for rimming your glasses.
- Using a lime, moisten the rims of the margarita glasses or glasses of choice. Invert the glasses into the sugar-cinnamon mixture and coat the rims.
- Ladle into sugar-cinnamon rimmed glasses or cups. Add mint sprig for garnish.
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
Written by Veronica / Photos by Veronica