Sometimes I just don’t feel like cooking. Yes, its true – you might think I wake up skipping downstairs, whistling Dixie, excited to open the fridge and come up with something magical to make for dinner, but that is the farthest from the truth.
There are days I stare in my fridge and can’t think of a thing to make. And here’s another shocker – I dread grocery shopping. Yes, it’s true.
So when I threw this salad together it was easy – all the ingredients in this salad were already sitting on my kitchen counter just begging to mingle together.
With stone fruit in season I have been buying peaches and apricots like crazy. They make the perfect mid day snack.
And as always I have avocados on hand.
I love grilling, so I decided to grill all the ingredients giving this salad a smoky-sweet flavor.
The combination of grilled peaches, apricots, avocados, and roasted corn on a bed of baby arugula sprinkled with queso panela and pepitas, drizzled with a sweet and tangy dressing made with olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, chile pepper, Tajin, and fresh mint is fresh and light. For a heartier alternative serve the grilled ingredients in a bowl with cooked quinoa for an easy and healthy quinoa grilled fruit salad.
Grilled Stone Fruit, Corn, and Avocado Salad
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ancho chile pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Tajin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 2 peaches, pitted, and sliced
- 1 apricot, pitted and sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 2 ears corn, husks removed
- 6 ounces fresh baby arugula
- 1 cup crumbled panela queso or queso fresco
- Pepita seeds (optional)
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, chile pepper, Tajin, and fresh mint.
- Brush fruit and avocado with dressing and grill on grill rack or griddle pan over medium-high heat until fruit is tender, but not mushy. Set aside and cool.
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
Photography by Jenna Sparks