More than likely you will be serving wine at your Christmas dinner, but instead of plain ol’ wine, how about make your wine go further and serve this festive Christmas sangria?
Sangria is one of the easiest cocktails for a crowd and this one is budget friendly too. No need to buy top of the line wine, or add brandy, or orange liqueur to this sangria.
This sangria is simple to make and fizzy with your choice of club soda or tonic water and sweet from the natural fruit juices that are muddled and swim in the wine overnight.
This drink is cheerful, economical, and delicious. What’s not to like? Make it the night before and your pitcher will be ready to display on your table for your guests.
How gorgeous is this hobnail glass ombre pitcher and these wine glasses? You might recognize the products from the fiesta entertaining giveaway. I have to admit that the Uncommon Goods website is my new obsession, especially their kitchen and bar collection.
- 6 ounces cranberries, rinsed
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 apple, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 1 pear, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 2 bottles wine, recommend Tempranillo
- 1 liter club soda or tonic water, chilled
- Muddle the cranberries in a large pitcher. Use the back of a spoon to crush and smash them against the sides of the pitcher.
- Add the orange, apple and pear slices and muddle.
- Pour in the wine and stir. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, stir in tonic water or club soda. Serve cold.
- Feel free to add tangerine slices or any other berries if you cannot find cranberries.
Disclosure: The pitcher and glasses were provided by Uncommon Goods for review. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.