Baby, It’s Cold Outside! Warming up is easy to do with this tasty pear calientito. You can serve it in your favorite mug or try these chic and eco-friendly mugs. These festive handcrafted mugs made from Asian pears are sure to awe your guests.
Calientito (Warm Pear Cider)
- 3 ½ cups pear nectar
- 1-2 sticks of cinnamon
- 3 whole cloves
- 4 whole anise stars
- ¾ cup tequila gold
- 4 Asian pears, optional
- Combine pear nectar, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and anise stars in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add tequila and stir to incorporate.
- Cut off the pear top and with a sharp knife carefully outline a rim on your pear cup.
- With a melon baller or a spoon, hollow out the pear making sure to leave about 1/4 inch at the bottom and around the edges, creating a cup.
- Pour warm nectar into pear cups and enjoy!
Photography by Jeanine Thurston
Pssst…don’t forget to order the 2011 Muy Bueno Calendar here.