Do you like beets? My hubby hates beets and it’s so sad! When I was pregnant with our daughter I used to crave beets.
I remember I begged my hubby to try one piece of a beet by literally opening his mouth and placing it in his mouth. He acted like a stubborn little boy and began to gag once the beet hit his tongue. I instantly felt horrible. I didn’t realize he hated beets that badly. Now we joke about it.
I love beets and so does my son. I especially love beets on a salad. I buy vacuum-packed cooked beets making it very convenient to throw on a salad.
This hearty salad is easy to make with a bed of spring mix salad, baked chicken breasts, sliced cooked beets, avocado slices, crumbled queso fresco, pepitas, and a drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Very satisfying and very healthy.
Beet, Avocado, and Chicken Salad
- Spring mix salad
- 2 beets, cooked and sliced
- 1 ripe, yet firm avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Crumbled queso fresco
- Dry roasted pepitas
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Lime, for drizzling (optional)
- Place salad on a large platter.
- Add beets and avocado slices, and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with queso fresco and pepitas.
- Lightly drizzle with olive oil and lime juice, if using and serve immediately.
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
Photography: Jenna Sparks