Have you seen the avocado toast craze? It’s everywhere! Everyone is placing slices of avocado or mashed avocado on a piece of toast and voila…its “avocado toast”.
Some people get very fancy by adding all kinds of exotic ingredients.
I love avocado toast and so do my kids. Forget the PB&J and instead slather fresh avocado on warm toasted bread. It’s the perfect snack!
When I’m at home working I usually have some form of avocado toast for lunch. But, I actually prefer my avocado on a soft warm corn tortilla instead of bread. I especially love it with a dash of Valentina hot sauce or drizzled with guacamole salsa, but the best is with a fried egg and salsa casera accompanied with a warm glass of hibiscus-cinnamon tea.
This is the way I “avocado toast”. How do you like your avocado toast?
Fried Egg on Corn Tortilla with Salsa Casera
- 1 corn tortilla
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- Salsa casera or salsa of your choice.
- Place a warm corn tortilla on a plate, and arrange slices of avocado and sprinkle with salt.
- Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Fry the egg over-easy and place over avocado slices.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon salsa casera over egg.
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
Photography: Jenna Sparks