This tequila sangria recipe is inspired by Frida Kahlo and some of the fruits in her still life paintings including: pineapple, melons, and oranges combined with a Spanish red wine and a splash of tequila. This easy sangria recipe is perfect for entertaining and versatile with your favorite fruits and wine.
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 lime sliced
- 1 cup chopped watermelon
- 1 cup chopped honeydew
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 bottle red wine recommend Garnacha or Tempranillo
- 1/2 cup Exotico Tequila Reposado
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- Sparkling water or light soda to serve (optional)
Add chopped watermelon, honeydew, pineapple, and orange juice to a large pitcher. Stir to combine.
Add red wine, tequila, and orange liqueur and stir all the ingredients together.
Refrigerate sangria for 1 to 4 hours, or overnight, before serving.
Serve sangria over a glass of ice. Top with light soda or sparkling water, if desired.
- Try a sweetener. If the sangria is too strong for you, lighten sangria by adding a splash of sparkling water or light soda.
- Make ahead. Make sangria a day ahead, so flavors can meld.
- Select an affordable red wine. Choose a bottle you wouldn’t mind enjoying on its own. Wine is the base ingredient, after all, so let it shine.
- How to store. Leftover sangria can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 285mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 199IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg