This guilt-free and flavorful Skinny Margarita is so simple to make with a handful of ingredients – quality tequila, fresh orange and lime juice, and agave nectar.
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces Exotico tequila blanco
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (optional)
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier or Triple sec per margarita for a Cadillac margarita (optional)
Run a lime wedge around the rim of a glass and dip in salt. Fill the glass with ice.
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, fresh orange and lime juice, tequila, and agave nectar. Shake to combine.
Strain the cocktail over the prepared glass and garnish with a lime or orange wheel.
For a Cadillac margarita, serve with a shot of Grand Marnier.
- Select a gentle and good-quality tequila blanco.
- Fresh orange and lime juice are a MUST in this recipe.
- Grand Marnier and triple sec contain more calories than tequila because they are liqueurs, deriving added calories from sugar.
- For a Cadillac margarita serve with Grand Marnier on the side (orange liqueur is not “skinny”).
- The nutrition in this drink does not include Grand Marnier or triple sec.
- Juicing tips: The best way to juice oranges and limes is with this hand-held juicer. Citrus at room temperature is easier to juice than cold citrus. Roll citrus back and forth on cutting board before cutting to release citrus.
Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 28mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 28IU | Vitamin C: 11mg