If you love frozen margaritas, you will love this tropical frozen mango margarita, called a Mangonada Margarita.
- 3 large mangos peeled, diced, and frozen (or 4 cups frozen mango)
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 cup ice
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- 5 ounces Exotico tequila reposado
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 4 ounces mango nectar
Scatter tajin onto a plate. Use a lime half to wet the rim of a glass.
Dip the rim of the glass into the tajin until the edge is covered.
Place frozen diced mango in a blender. Add lime juice, ice, orange liqueur, tequila if using, agave nectar, and mango nectar to the blender, and blend on medium-high speed until puréed. Blend until mango mixture reaches the desired consistency.
Drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons of chamoy onto the sides of each margarita glass in a decorative swirl.
Garnish each glass with a tamarind candy straw, if using, and a spoon. Serve immediately.
- Peel and dice mangos and freeze for 6 hours or overnight or use packaged frozen mango chunks.
- Fresh lime juice is a MUST in this recipe.
- If you do not have mango nectar, feel free to substitute with fresh orange juice, pineapple juice, homemade simple syrup, or even water.
- If you don’t have agave nectar feel free to substitute with honey, maple syrup, or sugar.
- If you are going to use water instead of mango nectar, I would recommend adding extra sweetener.
- Tamarind straws are a fun garnish but completely optional.
Calories: 540kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 417mg | Potassium: 667mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 69g | Vitamin A: 3956IU | Vitamin C: 136mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg