Green Chile and Cheese Quesadilla
Gooey cheese, zesty green chiles, and a crispy flour tortilla makes the ultimate quick and easy Green Chile Quesadilla.
- 4 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup Cabot cheddar or pepper jack cheese shredded
- 2 roasted Poblano chile peppers diced
- Salsa for garnish
- Guacamole for garnish
Preheat a comal for 1 minute over medium-low heat. The temperature on the skillet is important so that the tortillas do not harden or overcook before the cheese fully melts.
Warm tortillas for 1 minute on one side, flip and sprinkle some of the cheese on one of the tortillas, add chile, and top with another tortilla and press gently with a spatula.
Flip occasionally until quesadillas are golden brown on each side and cheese has melted.
Repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients.
Top them with salsa and guacamole, if desired.
- Choose chile according to your tolerance for heat. For a very mild flavor roast poblano chile peppers or for a shortcut try canned Hatch diced green chile.
- If you are unsure how to roast chile peppers, please refer to this blog post: How to roast chile peppers.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 383mg | Potassium: 146mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 497IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 239mg | Iron: 1mg