Hatch Green Chile Guacamole
The combination of creamy and rich avocados from Mexico and spicy and roasted green chile from Hatch, New Mexico is beyond heavenly!
- 4 ripe large avocados
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 roasted Hatch or Anaheim chile peppers diced
- 1 jalapeño minced (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Blue corn tortilla chips or veggies to serve
Cut the avocado in half. Twist to remove the pit. Scoop out the pulp. Place in a medium-size bowl and mash the avocado with a fork so that the mixture is a bit chunky.
Add the onion, cilantro, chile, and salt. Drizzle the lime juice over all the ingredients and give everything a good stir, but don't overdo it.
Serve with blue corn tortilla chips or veggies.
- If you can’t find Hatch chile peppers this recipe can also be made with Anaheim chile peppers, or for a mild chile pepper, try poblanos.
- For best flavor, do not use canned chile, use fresh roasted chile.
- If you are unsure how to roast chile peppers, please refer to this blog post: How to roast chile peppers.
- If you like spice, add finely minced jalapeño to the guacamole.
- If you are not a fan of cilantro feel free to omit.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 669mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 266IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg