Vangie’s Famous Macaroni Salad
The special mystery ingredient in this pasta salad is SPAM, yes, SPAM. It’s cubed and mixed together with cubes of cheese, crisp celery, pickles, and scallions, making this macaroni salad unique and memorable. It’s perfect for a summer potluck side dish or festive weekend barbecue.
Servings: 12 servings
- 16 ounces dry elbow macaroni
- 1 ½ cups light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 3 celery stalks thinly sliced
- 3 scallions sliced (white and dark green parts)
- 1/2 cup black olives chopped
- ½ cup chopped dill or sour pickles
- 6 ounces Spam or ham, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 4 ounces Muenster cheese cubed
- 8 ounces Colby cheese cubed
Cook the macaroni in lightly salted water according to package directions. Drain but do not rinse. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate until cool.
Add mayonnaise and mustard and lightly combine.
Stir in celery, scallions, black olives, pickles, spam, and cheese.
Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- This creamy Macaroni salad will stay good refrigerated for 3 to 5 days. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, or store in an airtight container to maximize freshness.
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 784mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 371IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 217mg | Iron: 1mg