Oven Baked Chicken Breasts
The tangy and spicy sauce on this baked chicken breast recipe is a new family favorite. You probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry and fridge!
- 2 ½ pounds chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder or red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Lightly salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
Whisk olive oil, mustard, balsamic vinegar, sugar, garlic, and chili in a bowl.
Pour the sauce over the chicken and toss to combine.
Place the chicken in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Roast until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 20 minutes. If they are not ready, continue roasting and checking the temperature every 5 minutes.
Remove the baking dish from the oven, cover with aluminum foil, and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes.
- You can store it sliced or shredded in the fridge for easy salads and lunch wraps for the entire week.
- Line your baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup!
- This recipe will also work well with chicken thighs if you prefer.
Calories: 415.54kcal | Carbohydrates: 2.98g | Protein: 60.59g | Fat: 16.29g | Saturated Fat: 2.83g | Cholesterol: 181.44mg | Sodium: 377.4mg | Potassium: 1060.96mg | Fiber: 0.28g | Sugar: 1.65g | Vitamin A: 159.17IU | Vitamin C: 4.34mg | Calcium: 19.61mg | Iron: 1.21mg