Summer Chipotle Chicken Cobb Salad
This aint your average cobb salad. This one features summer ingredients like roasted corn, creamy avocado slices, juicy strawberries, crispy bacon, and smoky chipotle grilled chicken drizzled in a fresh, light, and tangy lemon vinaigrette. Need I say more? This salad oozes summer.
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 1 pound breast tenderloins)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 cups mixed greens
- 4 strips applewood-smoked bacon cooked and crumbled
- 8 to 10 strawberries hulled and quartered
- 2 ears corn on the cob roasted, kernels removed in strips
- 1 to 2 ripe avocados pitted, peeled, and sliced
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Combine the oil, chipotles, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper in a small bowl. Place the chicken in a large zip-top bag and add the marinade. Zip the bag and mix the chicken into the marinade to coat. Place in the fridge and let in marinade for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
Heat an outdoor grill or grill pan to about 400 degrees F (medium- high heat). Place the chicken on the grill and grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice the chicken against the grain.
Arrange the greens on a large platter and top with bacon, strawberries, corn, avocado, and grilled chicken and season with salt and pepper. Toss with the vinaigrette and serve.
- For a less spicy chicken, use only 1 chile in adobo.
- Th lemon can be substituted with 2 smallish limes. For a sweeter vinaigrette, add 1 . tsp of honey. You could also turn this into an orange vinaigrette and use 1 fresh orange instead of lemon.
Calories: 602kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 403mg | Potassium: 1051mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1362IU | Vitamin C: 55mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2mg