Mexican-Style Shrimp Scampi
This is a great dinner idea that can be made in under 10 minutes.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 3 tablespoons tequila blanco
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
Melt the butter in a heavy skillet
over medium heat.
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
Cook for about 2 minutes on each side until almost fully cooked. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a plate and tent it with foil.
Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the jalapenos and cook for 2 more minutes.
Stir in the tequila and bring to boil, scraping up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Boil for 1 minute. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Return the shrimp to the pan and toss to coat with sauce and continue to cook until the shrimp are fully cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Transfer the shrimp to a serving platter and serve alone or with white rice or pasta, if desired.
- Be sure to purchase peeled and deveined shrimp to make prepping this dish even easier.
- This shrimp scampi can be served with white rice or pasta.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 308mg | Sodium: 958mg | Potassium: 129mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 320IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 3mg