Cinnamon Apple Pork Chops
Thick and tender pork chops seared to perfection, then crowned with a creamy, sweet, and cinnamon sugar butter spread-based topping of sautéed apples, garlic, fresh sage, and thyme. Comfort food at its best!
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 pork chops bone-in, thick-cut - 1 to 1.5 inches thick
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Cinnamon Sugar Butter Spread
- 4 teaspoons Land O Lakes® Cinnamon Sugar Butter Spread
- 2 apples cut into thin wedges
- 3 cloves garlic smashed
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
Marigold petals (optional)
Preheat the broiler to high.
On a plate, combine brown sugar, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
Lightly coat each pork chop with the brown sugar mixture.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the coated pork chops and sear on both sides for 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
Spread each pork chop with 1 teaspoon Land O Lakes® Cinnamon Sugar Butter Spread. Remove the pork from the pan to a plate.
To the skillet, add the remaining cinnamon sugar butter spread, apples, garlic, and sage. Cook 1 to 2 minutes then remove from the heat.
Return the pork chops to the skillet, top with fresh thyme, and transfer the skillet to the oven and broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until the apples are lightly charred.
Spoon the butter spread mixture over the pork chops. Garnish with marigold petals, if using. Serve and enjoy!
- For a refined sugar-free version, use coconut sugar instead of brown sugar.
Calories: 349.77kcal | Carbohydrates: 41.45g | Protein: 4.39g | Fat: 19.66g | Saturated Fat: 4.74g | Cholesterol: 15.84mg | Sodium: 393.81mg | Potassium: 216.77mg | Fiber: 2.65g | Sugar: 36.21g | Vitamin A: 766IU | Vitamin C: 7.69mg | Calcium: 42.52mg | Iron: 0.8mg