Mini Pumpkin Pies
These mini pies are the perfect serving size for children and adults who only want a sliver of pie after a filling Thanksgiving spread.
Servings: 12 mini pies
- 2 9- inch pie crust doughs pre-made from a box
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin pulp puree or 1 can 16 ounce solid pack pumpkin
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- ½ cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- whipped cream
- toasted pepitas pumpkin seeds, optional
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Prep the dough according to package directions.
Use a 4-inch round cookie cutter and cut 6 circles from each of your pie crusts for a total of 12.
In a large bowl, add filling ingredients in order given. Mix well with an electric mixer.
Place each mini pie crust into a greased muffin tin. Fold over where necessary creating a creased effect.
Pour filling all the way to the top into each prepared dough cup.
Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees then lower temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 25 to 30 minutes.
Place baked muffin tin pan on a cooling rack for a few hours allowing the pumpkin in the pies to set.
Add a dollop of whipped cream to each mini pie. Sprinkle with toasted pepitas.
- I made this recipe with fresh pumpkin puree, but you can simplify this recipe and buy pumpkin in a can and follow the pumpkin pie filling recipe for a one 9-inch pie.
Calories: 925kcal | Carbohydrates: 108g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 863mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 6416IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 6mg