Carne Asada Tortas with Chimichurri Sauce
This carne asade recipe is also simple to make with a handful of ingredients and only 30-minutes of marinating time. The sauce pairs very well with beef and topped on a warm and toasted bolillo roll is beyond heavenly.
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- handful Italian parsley stems removed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- handful fresh cilantro stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 2 pounds flap steak or skirt steak
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 to 6 bolillos Mexican rolls or French sandwich rolls, lightly buttered and toasted
- Chimichurri sauce
- Avocado slices optional
In a bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, and onion and mix well.
Place steak in a large Ziploc bag and pour the marinade over steak. Zip up the bag and massage marinade around so that the steak is well covered. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to high. Remove the steak from the plastic bag and season with salt and pepper. Grill the steak for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 10 minutes, and then slice the steak against the grain into 1/2-inch pieces.
Calories: 595kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 56g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 144mg | Sodium: 584mg | Potassium: 718mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 388IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 15mg