Red, White and Blue Granola and Fruit Parfaits
These festive and colorful vanilla yogurt parfaits are made with a chunky strawberry sauce, fresh blueberries, granola, and if you’d like some pomegranate seeds – they not only look pretty, but are super simple to assemble, and delicious. You can even make them ahead of time and refrigerate them.
Servings: 6 1 cup servings
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds optional
- mint leaves optional
Place strawberries and sugar into a small bowl. Mash the strawberries together until a sauce forms; leave some larger pieces intact. To assemble the parfaits, layer 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt into the bottom of six glasses or mason jars.
Top with 2 tablespoons of the strawberry sauce; follow with 2 tablespoons of blueberries and 1 1/3 tablespoons of granola. Repeat arrangement with remaining yogurt, strawberry sauce and blueberries so they are equally portioned among the six glasses or mason jars. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and mint leaves, if desired.
- 280 calories; 2.5 g fat; 0 g saturated fat; 10 mg cholesterol; 14 g protein; 52 g carbohydrates; 3 g fiber; 170 mg sodium; 462 mg calcium (45% of daily value). Nutrition figures based on using fat free milk, and include an 8-ounce glass of milk.
- Serve these parfaits with a tall glass of milk for a complete breakfast.
- Another idea is to make these parfaits in mason jars and take them to go when you are running late.
Serving: 1parfait - no milk | Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 411mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 205mg | Iron: 1mg