Roasted Sweet Potato and Acorn Squash Winter Salad
Easy, simple, and the best way to roast vegetables – in the oven on a baking sheet for perfectly tender and flavorful veggies.
Servings: 4 to 6 nservings
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 acorn squash halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled, and cubed
- pomegranate seeds
- crumbled feta or queso fresco
- cilantro leaves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place sweet potatoes and acorn squash on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Drizzle with olive oil and salt, and roast in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until squash and potatoes are tender and golden.
Whisk together olive oil, hot sauce, maple syrup, honey, vinegar, and garlic. Set aside.
Once the squash and sweet potatoes have had a few minutes to cool, arrange on platter and drizzle with dressing.
Top with avocado, pomegranate seeds, and crumbled feta. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Nutritional facts do not include garnishes!
- If you are preparing this salad in advance, reserve the dressing on the side until you are ready to serve.
Calories: 319.82kcal | Carbohydrates: 40.58g | Protein: 2.97g | Fat: 18.01g | Saturated Fat: 2.55g | Sodium: 112.37mg | Potassium: 859.15mg | Fiber: 6.94g | Sugar: 13.96g | Vitamin A: 9690.36IU | Vitamin C: 18.67mg | Calcium: 71.99mg | Iron: 1.43mg