Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash
With the pop of color and all the roasted flavors, this healthy side dish is a great complement to your Thanksgiving or Christmas table.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1-1/2 pound brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 whole small butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 1 whole large red onion peeled and cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup pomegranate molasses or balsamic vinegar
- Pomegranate seeds
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Place the vegetables on a rimmed sheet pan and drizzle them with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chill powder and toss them together. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until slightly browned. Remove the veggies from the oven and arrange them onto a serving platter.
Drizzle on the pomegranate sauce, if using or more olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then sprinkle on pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.
- I use Alwadi Pomegranate Sauce that gives this dish the yum factor. If you do not have this sauce, a simple drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar will do the trick.
Calories: 120.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 0.4g | Saturated Fat: 0.09g | Sodium: 33.26mg | Potassium: 685.79mg | Fiber: 5.43g | Sugar: 10.74g | Vitamin A: 10681.02IU | Vitamin C: 93mg | Calcium: 83.88mg | Iron: 1.92mg