I am all about big batch cocktails, especially for parties. With Halloween, right around the corner I plan on serving a fun witch’s brew to serve a crowd. Who am I kidding? This will be my happy punch while I hand out candies to trick-or-treaters.
This is really just a simple sangria, but what gives it that creepy and spooky special effect is the dry ice.
Dark red wine combined with sparkling mineral water, slices of blood oranges and limes with a side of poison. I filled test tubes with bourbon so that guests can give their sparkling red wine an extra kick. Feel free to add different liquors and label test tubes so that guests can pick their favorite: brandy, tequila, vodka – would all be delicious choices.
Unleash your inner bruja, with this spellbinding witch’s brew perfect for Halloween. No spells needed to create this dark and gothic sangria. Just wait until the dry ice melts before taking the first sip.
- 2 bottles of red wine (recommend Apothic Dark)
- 1 blood orange, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 24 ounces sparking mineral water, chilled
- Bourbon (optional)
- Dry ice (optional) (see note)
- Combine the wine, fruit, and sparking water in a large container.
- Serve bourbon on the side in test tubes.
- Place a chunk of dry ice in cauldron or punch bowl for a spooky effect.
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
Photography by Jenna Sparks