Holiday spirits served in a pitcher or punch bowl are perfect because as the host or hostess you are free to mingle rather than having to play bartender.
I often make this Christmas Sangria during the holidays, and have been asked many times if it can be made with white wine instead of red. The answer is absolutely yes, but in this recipe I have infused added winter flavors like canela and rosemary, as well as winter fruits such as green pears and citrus slices. Oh yeah, and in this sangria there is mi amigo…tequila!
This sangria is garnished with cranberries to give it a classic Christmas feel. The addition of Exotico tequila blanco combined with sweet white wine and sparking lemon-lime soda is a lovely holiday combination that your guests will enjoy.
Winter White Sangria
- 1 bottle sweet white wine, Riesling or Moscato
- 1/2 cup white tequila
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 pear, cored, and cut into thin wedges
- 1 orange, sliced
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda
- rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Combine wine, tequila, cinnamon stick, pear slices, and orange slices, in a large container or glass pitcher. Cover and chill completely, 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
- Add cranberries and soda to mixture when ready to serve.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve with ice.
Photography by Jenna Sparks
This post is in partnership with Exotico. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.