Pop open a bright semi-dry bottle of white wine, add some peach schnapps, a handful of fresh summer fruit, and you’ve got a refreshingly crisp pitcher of white sangria. If you love grilling during the summer then try adding a fresh green salad to the mix and a pitcher of cold white sangria. I love adding tons of fruit, to the wine because it marinates nicely. If you have any fruit left over after the sangria is gone you can always use it to top over some vanilla ice cream or as an adult fruit cup with a tablespoon of freshly whipped cream. Don’t forget to lace the whip cream with a tablespoon of peach schnapps.
There are so many great fruits to add to white sangria, I just happened to choose peaches and mangos because well, everywhere I turn, there they are. Have you ever heard of a doughnut peach? I hadn’t and so I had to buy some and added them to my pitcher of white sangria. They taste like a white peach but their adorable size and shape were too cute to pass up.
White Peach and Mango Sangria
- 1 standard bottle of semi dry white wine
- 1 cup peach schnapps
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 white peaches, sliced
- 2 doughnut peaches, pitted and sliced
- ½ mango, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Sparkling water or club soda
- Mint for garnish
- Combine the wine, peach schnapps, and sugar into a pitcher or punch bowl.
- Add the fruit except for the pomegranate seeds. Stir and let it chill for at least 2 hours. If you can’t chill it just serve with lots of ice.
- Pour sangria into a glass, add some of the fruit, a few pomegranate seeds, a splash of sparkling water or club soda, and mint for garnish. Serve over ice.
Written by Veronica / Photos by Veronica