Turkey Burrito Bowls
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Knorr. The opinions and text are all mine.
One thing I really look forward to when it comes to Thanksgiving is the leftovers! This year, instead of reheating the same turkey dinner, use your leftovers to make something new that your family will love.
These burrito bowls are easy to make and customize to your liking and Knorr Selects Garlic Alfredo Rice adds tons of flavor and deliciousness to the bowls. What is a burrito bowl? A burrito bowl is a tortilla-free burrito — it’s basically a naked burrito. These bowls are filled with shredded iceberg lettuce, and then topped with leftover chopped turkey, corn, black beans, pico de gallo, avocado slices, sour cream, and Knorr Selects Roasted Garlic Alfredo Rice combined with cilantro.
In some form or another, you probably have these ingredients in your fridge and pantry already, which makes this recipe even easier to make! Feel free to customize these bowls with whatever leftover protein you have, whether it is turkey or ham, and your choice of salsa and rice.
This is a perfect dish to get you through your hectic holiday schedule and enjoy the down-time in between holiday get-togethers. Plus, these burrito bowls are great for picky eaters because you can let your kids and guests make their own bowls with the ingredients of their choice! I also love that Knorr Selects is made with no artificial flavors or preservatives and responsibly sourced rice from Arkansas, so I can feel good about serving this to my family and friends.
Turkey Burrito Bowls
- 1 package Knorr Selects Roasted Garlic Alfredo Rice
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 handful chopped cilantro
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- leftover turkey or ham
- black beans, drained and rinsed
- canned corn
- Pico de gallo or salsa of choice
- avocados, thinly sliced
- sour cream
- lime wedges
- Pour water, milk, and Knorr Selects into a pan. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to medium and continue cooking uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- To assemble the bowls, divide rice mixture into serving bowls; over shredded iceberg lettuce, chopped turkey, black beans, corn, salsa, avocado, sour cream, and lime wedges.
- The nutrition facts include 1/4 cup of each listed topping.
Photography by Jenna Sparks
One Comment on “Turkey Burrito Bowls”
What a good idea. Healthy