***This giveaway is no longer accepting entries – scroll down to the bottom to see who won!***
Guess what? We just spoke to one of our sponsors, IMUSA and they have offered to host monthly giveaways for Muy Bueno readers. Isn’t that fantastic? Not only are they gifting amazing products, but they are also sharing some of their delicious recipes with us too.
So without further ado here is the delicious recipe and prize…
Stuffed Poblano Chiles in White Rice (Arroz Blanco con Chiles Rellenos de Queso)
- 8 small Poblano chiles , or 4 large Poblano chiles
- 1 pound mild shredded white cheddar cheese
- 4 cups chicken broth or water
- ½ small white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- Place the Poblano chiles on any non-stick IMUSA comal on high heat and roast until the chile skin is completely and evenly blistered. Turn the chiles on a regular basis to create the even blistering. Do not char the chiles. Place chiles in plastic or paper bag for 10-15 minutes. Peel away the black skin. Make a cut lengthwise on your chile and take out the seeds and veins. Stuff with cheese.
- Using a blender, pureé the chicken broth, onion, and garlic. Strain and set aside. On medium heat, add the oil to your IMUSA Caldero. Add the rice. Stir regularly for 3 minutes until the rice grains are white on the inside and transparent on the outside. Add the chicken broth mixture. Add salt. Bring to a boil. Nestle the stuffed chiles into the cooking rice with the seam side up. Sprinkle in the corn and cover. Reduce heat to low, cover, and continue cooking for 20 to 25 minutes or until the liquid evaporates. Do not uncover the rice for at least 15 minutes or it will not cook properly.
IMUSA Red 2-Piece Caldero Set (26cm and 30cm)
Create delicious gourmet meals or your favorite comfort foods with your IMUSA Caldero. The newly designed Caldero set is ideal for cooking rice, pasta, roasts, casseroles, chili, and even slow cooking your meals.
HOW TO ENTER
Just leave a comment here letting us know what your New Year’s resolution is.
And for extra entries….
- Follow Muy Bueno on Facebook: Then leave another comment here letting us know.
- Follow Muy Bueno on Twitter: Then leave another comment here letting us know.
- Follow IMUSA on Facebook: Then leave another comment here letting us know.
- Follow IMUSA on Twitter: Then leave another comment here letting us know.
This giveaway ends Friday, January 20, 2012 at midnight MST. One lucky winner will be randomly chosen through Random.org. The winner will be notified via e-mail. Winner must respond within 24 hours or we will choose another winner.
You must have a valid U.S. address to enter.
Buena suerte! Good Luck!
Thank you IMUSA for sponsoring these giveaways and thank you for bringing joy into the cocina of Muy Bueno amigos.
Are you a subscriber to our blog? Subscribers will be notified via email about future giveaways hosted by Muy Bueno Cookbook. More to come this year so don’t miss out.
Note: This giveaway is provided to you by IMUSA. The views and opinions expressed on Muy Bueno Cookbook are purely our own and based upon our personal experiences with IMUSA products, which we love.
Random.org has chosen our winner … Chris Ynzunza
Thank you all for your inspiring resolutions. We wish you all luck with them and enjoyed reading them!
We look forward to hosting more giveaways and hearing more from you all.