It’s officially summer and its time to grill. I’ll be sharing lots of recipes where you can incorporate carne asada to your dish.
This salad will surely impress your guests. Simply grill a succulent skirt steak marinated in a simple Herdez Salsa Casera mixture.
Toss grilled carne asada onto a bed of crisp baby greens with fresh produce like avocados, carrots, and radishes accompanied with roasted pepita seeds and drizzled with a tart vinaigrette and a side of guacamole.
Spring Salad with Carne Asada, Avocados, and Pepitas
- 4 large handfuls baby spring mix
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried roasted pepitas
- 1 pound grilled carne asada, sliced and cold
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- queso fresco, optional
- Combine garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, sesame seeds, paprika, and salt in a small mason jar. Add olive oil and shake. Set aside.
- Place the salad greens in a large bowl; sprinkle the shallot, carrots, and radishes on top and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss the salad with just enough vinaigrette to lightly coat the greens. Add half of the pepitas and toss once more.
- Arrange the skirt steak, avocados slices, and queso fresco if using.
- Drizzle any remaining vinaigrette on and around the salad, focusing on the avocado and beef. Sprinkle the pepitas on top and serve with guacamole.
A special thanks to HERDEZ for sponsoring this recipe.