I saw a video for shrimp boil in foil on facebook and couldn’t resist remaking a similar recipe. The original recipe called for shrimp, Andouille sausage, red potatoes, and corn. In my version I omitted the potatoes and added mushrooms and asparagus as well as slices of limes, fresh cilantro, and chili powder for a hint of Latin flavor.
A typical seafood boil is boiled in water and beer in a pot, but in this version you can make them on your grill – mess free without having to dirty any dishes. You can even pre-package them and take them to go and grill them at a park, beach, tailgate, or campground. We plan to make them again for the Fourth of July.
The packets are made with heavy duty non-stick Reynolds Wrap. Place all your ingredients on the foil and then fold them on the top to create a little tent and then seal the sides to ensure no leaks. The packets will cook and the heat will circulate inside. Since I did not use potatoes in my recipe these packets only need 10 minutes to cook. Beware when you open the packets – there will be lots of steam and oozing hot butter.
Once you open the packets the smell is intoxicating. It tastes and looks like a gourmet New Orleans-style shrimp boil. These packets are portable food at its finest. I recently teamed up with Reynolds Wrap and am excited to work with a brand we all trust and love.
Now get your boil foil packets, fire up the grill, roll up your sleeves, and enjoy the piles of steaming delicious shrimp and veggies in a fragrant blend of herbs and spices.
Shrimp Boil Foil Packets
- 1 pound unshelled large shrimp, tail on
- 1 13.5 ounce Andouille sausage , cut into 2” pieces
- 3 ears fresh corn, shucked, and cut in four
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 8 asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 limes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Course salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chopped cilantro
- 4 12 x 24-inch sheets Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Aluminum Foil
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Place equal amounts of shrimp, sausage, corn, mushrooms, asparagus, and garlic.
- Drizzle each packet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- In each packet place lime slices, ¼ teaspoon chili powder, and generously season with salt and pepper, and fresh cilantro.
- Double-fold tops and ends of packets to seal, leaving a bit of room for heat to circulate inside packets.
- Grill packets with grill cover closed, for 10 minutes.
- Open packed carefully allowing steam to escape away from your face and body.
I’m thrilled to announce I’m a 2016 Reynolds Ambassador! This post is in partnership with Reynolds Wrap. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.