This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Knorr. The opinions and text are all mine.
Yowza, Christmas is only a few days away. Are you ready? Have you finished all of your Christmas shopping, wrapped all of your presents, mailed out all of your Christmas cards?
If you are anything like the average person, you are kind of freaking out right about now. Unless, you are a superhero, then kudos to you.
When it’s one of those nights that you think you have no time to get dinner on the table, this can be your go-to recipe. With just a handful of ingredients you can have dinner ready in 30 minutes or less.
This shrimp is juicy, succulent, and smothered in a bright, flavorful, and spicy salsa verde.
The convenience of Knorr Selects makes dinner even easier. They’re even made with real ingredients so you don’t feel guilty serving them to your guests in town for the holidays. For additional shortcuts in this recipe, you can purchase shrimp that are peeled and deveined and your favorite jarred salsa verde. Dinner will be ready in record time!
This light meal is perfect before we are tempted with all the heavy holiday meals.
Salsa Verde Shrimp with Rice
- Knorr Selects Spinach & Artichoke rice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought salsa verde
- Cook Knorr packet according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat oil. Add onion to the skillet and cook until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and cook until cooked through, 2 minutes per side.
- Add salsa verde and stir until warmed.
- Top Knorr rice with salsa verde shrimp.