I feel like this is the first true week of the New Year. Seems like everyone is finally back to their routine — back to work and the start of their resolutions. This year I’m keeping my resolutions simple. Pray more, love more, and travel more. Sure, I still have goals to lose weight, tone up, eat more veggies, be more organized, blah, blah, blah, but I think if I keep my goals simple, all my other ambitions will come along for the ride. So at least I’m hoping they do.
Speaking of resolutions and healthier choices, this dinner is simple and nutritious. After Christmas dinner one of my cousins asked, “You are probably sick of turkey by now, huh?” I just giggled to myself, because in fact I was hoping there would be more turkey leftovers.
Turkey is a great protein and just like chicken it can be made into so many dishes. It seems like folks think turkey is just for the holidays, but in fact you can buy turkey year round.
These turkey tostadas were made with Honeysuckle White turkey breast tenderloins that were drizzled with a bit of olive oil and sprinkled with a mixture of chili powder, lemon pepper, and oregano.
My home smelled amazing as the turkey was roasting on one baking sheet and sweet potatoes roasted on another.
Tostadas are a favorite in my home. This quick and easy meal is fun to customize with different toppings to make them even more healthier, colorful, and beautiful. I also made an avocado cream sauce with the addition of spinach giving the tostadas an added punch of vitamins. I can go on and on and talk about the benefits of avocados and spinach — all you need to know is that not only is this sauce good for you, it tastes amazing. If you want to forego making it you can also top your tostadas with refried black beans for a quick and delicious alternative.
Roasted Turkey Breast Tenderloins:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Honeysuckle White turkey breast tenderloins
- Kosher salt
- Lemon slices optional
Avocado Spinach Sauce:
- 2 ripe avocados
- Handful of baby spinach
- Handful cilantro
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 or 2 jalapeños
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Tostadas and Toppings:
- Pre-packaged tostada flats
- Refried black beans
- Chopped tomato
- Shredded lettuce
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Pomegranate seeds
Roasted Turkey Breast Tenderloin:
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine lemon pepper, oregano, and chili powder.
- Drizzle each turkey tenderloin with one tablespoon of olive oil and then season generously with spice mixture and salt.
- Arrange the seasoned turkey tenderloin on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet with place lemon slices, if using.
- Roast for 40 minutes lightly covered with aluminum foil.
- Roast for an additional 15 to 20 minutes uncovered until the center of the turkey tenderloins reach at least 165 degrees.
- Allow the turkey tenderloins to rest for 10 minutes. Use a sharp knife to slice and chop the tenderloins into 1/2-inch cubes.
Avocado Spinach Sauce:
- Puree spinach, cilantro, avocado, sour cream, jalapeño, garlic, and salt, in a blender or food processor until smooth.
This post is in partnership with Honeysuckle White Turkey. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.