We all know that veggies are good for us, but sometimes I just run out of ideas, and since our garden is no longer in season it’s a bit more challenging to figure out what veggies to serve.
Before the warm weather is here I wanted to share the easiest, simplest, and best way to roast vegetables – in the oven on a baking sheet for perfectly tender and flavorful veggies.
I think its easy to say we all get a little bored of greens and so I wanted to have a tasty side salad that not only is delicious but gorgeous, and of course healthy.
Once the sweet potatoes and acorn squash are roasted with a little bit of olive oil and salt, I drizzled it with a spicy, sweet, and tangy balsamic maple chipotle dressing and then topped the winter salad with avocado, pomegranate seeds, and feta.
If you are preparing this salad in advance, reserve the dressing on the side until you are ready to serve.
Roasted Sweet Potato and Acorn Squash Winter Salad
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 acorn squash, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cubed
- pomegranate seeds
- crumbled feta or queso fresco
- cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes and acorn squash on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and salt, and roast in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until squash and potatoes are tender and golden.
- Whisk together olive oil, hot sauce, maple syrup, honey, vinegar, and garlic. Set aside.
- Once the squash and sweet potatoes have had a few minutes to cool, arrange on platter and drizzle with dressing.
- Top with avocado, pomegranate seeds, and crumbled feta. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Nutritional facts do not include garnishes!
- If you are preparing this salad in advance, reserve the dressing on the side until you are ready to serve.