This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Knorr. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s that time of year…the holidays are approaching. Halloween has come and gone, which means that Thanksgiving and Christmas, the major cooking holidays, will be here before we know it!
Do you love the holiday madness and go all out? Or, do you tend to get a little frantic trying to coordinate hectic holiday schedules and often feel bogged down by the stress of it all?
If you’re the latter, I want to try and help with an easy and impressive meal, using Knorr Selects, that will hopefully relieve some stress in the kitchen during this busy time and allow you to enjoy prepping for the holidays.
Between decking the halls and endless food shopping, it’s tempting to turn to takeout for a little relief from the holiday hassle. Knorr Selects offer a simple, quick and easy dinner solution, eliminating a sink-full of dishes or excessive prep work. Even better, Knorr Selects are made without any artificial flavors or preservatives, and are gluten free!
I love to roast winter veggies this time of year and thought a fun way to serve up these grains would be inside a hollowed roasted acorn squash—we love an edible bowl. Paired with flavorful Knorr Selects Asiago Cheese & Cracked Black Pepper Rice, the addition of roasted sweet potatoes tastes like fall, apples offer a sweet crunch, and avocados add a velvety texture that will have your guests asking for seconds.
Whether you’re hosting relatives or just want to feel good about what you’re serving your family, this recipe is a delicious and easy solution.
This dish is even pretty enough to grace the Thanksgiving table.
Roasted Acorn Squash Stuffed with Sweet Potatoes and Rice
- Knorr Selects Asiago Cheese & Cracked Black Pepper Rice
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 to 3 small acorn squash, halved and seeded
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- pepita seeds, optional
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle sweet potatoes and squash halves with a little olive oil and use your fingertips to rub inside of the squash.
- Sprinkle potatoes and squash halves generously with salt and pepper.
- Set the acorn squash halves cut-side down and sweet potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, pour Knorr Selects into a medium saucepan. Add water, milk, and butter to the saucepan.
- Give it a stir. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and boil uncovered for 10 minutes, while stirring frequently, until your rice is tender and sauce is creamy.
- Turn off the heat at least 2 minutes for the sauce to thicken. Stir in roasted sweet potatoes and apples.
- Fill each roasted acorn squash half with rice mixture.
- Garnish with avocado, pepitas, and cilantro.
- You can use normal, well seasoned cooked rice or leftover ristotto instead of the Knorr rice for this recipe.