I’m so excited and I just can’t hide it! Guess what is finally published? Latin Twist! Can I get a twist and shout?! I seriously can’t believe I am an author to yet another book? Somebody please pinch me, but don’t wake me up.
Vianney and I have worked really hard on this project and I can’t wait to hold it in my arms, curl up on the couch, and drink this paloma as I read it cover to cover.
In our book you will find a mezcal paloma made with smoky mezcal and fresh grapefruit. This paloma recipe is a tad different made with reposado tequila.
My advice for anyone who wants to make tequila cocktails is to use 100% agave. This is a spirit made entirely from the agave plant. I don’t understand why people choose to make margaritas or palomas with cheap tequila. I promise you, it’s just not worth the hangover (been there, done that).
My cocktail making is the same as my cooking philosophy. When making cocktails be sure to use ingredients that are fresh and fragrant and you will be guaranteed a delicious cocktail.
Treat yourself to a refreshing cocktail with this reposado paloma made with this award winning liquid gold by Partida Tequila. Partida’s Reposado gives this paloma a very rich and smooth taste without a lot of bite.
With the release of our new book we will be announcing our book tour and hosting lots of great giveaways, so please stay tuned. I’m so excited to travel with my co-author/AKA drinking partner and look forward to seeing you guys at a book signing.
- coarse salt
- 1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar
- 1/4 cup reposado tequila
- 1/4 cup club soda
- grapefruit wedge, for garnish
- Rub rim of an 8-ounce glass with a grapefruit wedge. Pour some coarse salt out onto a plate and rub the rim of the glass in the salt to coat.
- Combine grapefruit juice, lime juice, and agave nectar in prepared glass and stir.
- Stir in tequila, add some ice, and top off with the club soda. Garnish with grapefruit wedge.
A special thanks to Partida Tequila for sponsoring this recipe.