*This giveaway is no longer accepting entries – scroll down to the bottom to see who won!*
Last week I invited a few girlfriends over and enjoyed some much needed girl time. I served sangria, agua de jamaica, baked brie, a tasty, tender, and juicy lemon-rosemary roasted chicken (recipe coming soon), a flavorful red quinoa lime salad with roasted corn and avocado (scroll down for recipe), and capirotada for dessert. Everyone loved the meal and especially loved the quinoa salad. I was thrilled everyone wanted the recipe so I promised I would share it on our blog.
You might be wondering, what was the special occasion? I hosted a Princess House party. Have you ever heard of Princess House? I hadn’t heard of them until the lovely folks at Princess House sent us some of their kitchen products to test. We were immediately blown away with the high quality and beauty of their products and we were impressed to find out that they are getting ready to celebrate their 50th anniversary this year.
I was so excited about these products that I wanted to learn more about them so I hosted a party. They have beautiful bake ware that goes from the fridge to the oven, to the table. They also have professional-quality stainless steel cookware, top quality knives, stunning dinnerware, and more. I am still amazed that I had never heard of them. Princess House is like a hidden gem. Princess House is a direct sales company where a consultant comes to your home and demonstrates the products and then takes orders from your guests in the comfort of your own home.
My Colorado consultant was Lynn, she is super sweet and very educated about the company and products. She has been selling Princess House for 15 years, since she was 18 years old–such an admirable trait for someone to stay with a company for as long as she has. As children our mother sold products for a variety of direct sales companies to help make ends meet so we understand the passion behind the consultant, and Lynn was awesome! After looking into what Princess House is all about we were delighted to learn that women can sell as little as they want in order to make a few extra dollars or make it a career, just like Lynn. Princess House is a company by women, for women, and empowering women all while having fun in the kitchen. I love it!
Thank you Lynn for making this party a pleasant experience and giving me some great menu ideas. Thank you Jeanine for snapping photos while we ate and drank a few yummy glasses of sangria, and abrazos to all my girlfriends who took time out of their busy schedules to join me. It was so wonderful to catch up and share my passion of cooking and great products with all of you.
Now here comes the great news for you — Princess House has agreed to let us share a fabulous giveaway with a couple of our favorite products with a lucky Muy Bueno fan. Isn’t that fantastic?
This cleverly designed 12” straining skillet has a body and a base cap made of magnetic stainless steel, which guarantees fast, even heating, preventing hot spots and comes with a lifetime warranty. It has two pouring spouts on the sides of the skillet with a matching tempered glass lid beautifully etched with their signature design. The skillet is ideal for making recipes like picadillo. Its pure genius I tell ya! It is the same skillet I used to make the quinoa for my friends that evening.
This versatile entertaining set can be used as a punch bowl or covered cake plate — just flip the base and lid. This elegant crystal piece is perfect for special occasions, yet sturdy enough to sit on your countertop and use everyday. I love this set.
To enter to win this giveaway, please leave a comment on this post by answering the following question. “What plans do you have to serve or make in these beautifully crafted pieces?”
You can receive up to four additional entries to win by doing the following.
- Join Princess House on Facebook and leave a separate comment letting us know you did.
- Join Muy Bueno Cookbook on Facebook and leave a separate comment letting us know you did.
- Follow Muy Bueno Cookbook on Twitter and leave a separate comment letting us know you are a follower.
- Subscribe to receive Muy Bueno blog updates and subscriber-only content via email and leave a separate comment letting us know you subscribed.
Deadline for this giveaway is March 14, 2013 at midnight MST. One lucky winner will be chosen by random.org and will be notified within 24 hours. Winners must respond within 48 hours.
You must have a valid U.S. address to enter.
Buena suerte! Good Luck!
Red Quinoa Lime Salad with Roasted Corn and Avocado
- Wash quinoa several times in cold water, rinse, and add quinoa to boiling water. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, and fluff. Cool quinoa.
- While the quinoa is cooking heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a separate skillet over high heat. Add corn kernels and sauté until heated through and light golden in spots, 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside and cool completely.
- Whisk ½ cup olive oil, lime juice, and salt until well blended. Add to red quinoa and mix well.
- Gently stir in roasted corn, onion, tomatoes, avocados, cilantro, and mix well.
- Serve at room temperature.
- This recipe serves 12 so feel free to cut in half or thirds depending on the number of servings you need.
- I always make a little extra to guarantee leftovers. I love this dish at room temperature, but it also tastes great the next day cold.
If you are interested in hosting a Princess House party and/or purchasing Princess House products find a consultant near you.
Written by Yvette / Photos by Jeanine
Disclosure: Princess House is providing the winner with this giveaway. We were compensated for this post. All opinions shared about this product are our own.
Random.org has chosen our winner!