The holiday season is in full swing with family gatherings, parties, and dinners galore. Most weekdays we find ourselves too busy to spend a lot of time in the kitchen making a full course meal. I have a light and simple dinnertime solution. Fresh ingredients and a little prep time is all you need to create a satisfying dish bursting with flavor for your next weeknight dinner.
Pork chops and homemade salsa verde are a great combination and wonderful to serve your family for dinner. The sauce, made with tangy tomatillos and fresh cilantro, is intense, bright, and herbal. It makes a bright counterpoint to the rich seared pork.
The chile peppers in this salsa add just enough bite to satisfy those of us who enjoy spicy food. However, if time is of the essence, Herdez salsa verde is a great shortcut. Bold and zesty, just like it was homemade, this salsa is America’s #1 selling salsa verde and is available in most grocery stores.
Complete your meal with easy-to-make side dishes like Mexican rice or cilantro lime rice. Another option would be this cheesy cornbread skillet made with whole pieces of corn, bits of colorful peppers, and melted queso Oaxaca. If you’re looking to accompany the pork chops with some greens, try this brussels sprouts recipe. With the pop of color and all the roasted flavors, this healthy side dish is a great complement to these pork chops.
Before serving, make sure to sprinkle your dish with pomegranate seeds and pepitas for a light and festive appearance. Not only is this meal delicious, but it also cooks up in no time – perfect for the holidays or for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Pork Chops in Salsa Verde
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet cook pork chops in hot oil over medium-high heat about 2 minutes per side until browned.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the salsa verde to skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 to 8 minutes or until chops are slightly pink in the centers (145 degrees F).
- Let rest for 3 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and pepitas to serve.
- Herdez salsa verde is a great shortcut. Bold and zesty, just like it was homemade, this salsa is America’s #1 selling salsa verde and is available in most grocery stores.
Photography: Jenna Sparks
This post is in partnership with Herdez. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.