In the mood for a cup of holly jolly? Well, you’re in luck. This Pomegranate Margarita is a Christmas miracle.
The combination of pomegranate juice and freshly squeezed orange juice shaken with a couple of fragrant cloves, agave nectar, and tequila is beyond magical.
Shake well, and strain into a glass filled with crushed ice sprinkled with ruby red pomegranate arils, and garnish with a fresh sprig of rosemary or elegant orange peel twist for all the flavors of the season in one beautiful drink.
El Mayor Tequila Cristalino is essentially añejo, or aged, tequila that has been filtered to remove the color it picks up as it spends time in the barrel. It is filtered to extract the color, so that it becomes nearly clear again.
The result, is the most beautiful shade of pomegranate red. This tequila has the complexity and character of an añejo with the crisp, bright notes of a blanco.
El Mayor Tequila Cristalino has herbaceous notes and a fruity agave flavor but with the complexity and smooth caramel sweetness of an aged spirit. It’s the perfect tequila for this margarita.
Not sure how to deseed a pomegranate? Please watch this video.
- 4 ounces El Mayor Tequila Cristalino
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice, (recommend POM Wonderful)
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 cloves
Pomegranate arils for garnish
Orange peel twist
- Fill glasses with crushed ice.
- In a cocktail shaker with ice place the tequila, pomegranate juice, orange juice, agave nectar, and 2 cloves.
- Shake well, and strain into glasses filled with crushed ice sprinkled with ruby red pomegranate arils, and garnish with a fresh sprig of rosemary or elegant orange peel twist for all the flavors of the season in one beautiful drink.
Photography by Jenna Sparks