What is up with this season? I feel like I have been fighting a cold since the new year.
I went to the doctor, but all he said to do was drink plenty of fluids and sent me home.
When my kiddos are sick I always make them oregano tea, so I finally decided to take care of myself and made myself the tea daily.
I am always amazed how good ol’ fashioned home remedies work.
What can oregano cure?
Oregano has expectorant properties, so it is very useful to treat cases of excessive cough and bronchial problems.
I decided to research what else oregano tea is good for and come to find out it’s also great for digestion, insomnia, circulation, and decreases menstrual cramps.
I bought myself a tea maker that is pretty darn incredible. If you don’t have a tea maker all you have to do is strain the oregano leaves in a strainer before drinking.
Looking for more home remedies? Try these
- Grandma’s Home Remedies
- Chamomile Tea and Cinnamon Tea
- Hibiscus-Cinnamon Tea
- Winter Pomelo Ginger Margarita
Te de Oregano (Oregano Tea)
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Mexican dried oregano
- honey, optional
- Boil water and add dried oregano leaves.
- After the water with the oregano has boiled, remove from heat, cover, and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Use a strainer and remove the oregano leaves.
- Serve hot. Sweeten with a spoonful of honey if desired.
Photography by Jenna Sparks
Originally published: December 2018