Making salsa does not get any easier than this recipe. If you are not a cook, then this recipe is totally for you! Chop and mix…That’s it! This salsa might be time intensive with all the fine dicing but the combination of fresh ingredients is worth every minute.
For those of you who are leery of mushrooms…Let me tell you a little story. I have a friend who can’t stand mushrooms and she was shocked when she tasted this salsa. She LOVED it and I’m sure you and your friends will too.
Mushroom, Jalapeño, and Cilantro Salsa
- 16 ounces fresh white mushrooms, finely diced
- Small red onion, finely diced
- 2 jalapeños, finely diced
- Handful of fresh cilantro, diced
- 3/4 cups fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Dice mushrooms, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- In a bowl combine the diced ingredients above with limejuice and olive oil. Toss gently. Salt to taste.
- Let it sit to absorb the flavors. Serve it at room temperature. Serve as a topping on fish, chicken, grilled steak, or as an appetizer with a basket of your favorite tortilla chips.
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
Photography by Jeanine Thurston