When I was a little girl I used to love to watch my grandma cook — I especially loved watching her make homemade flour tortillas everyday. If there were ever any tortillas leftover after dinner, my grandma and I would slather a warm tortilla with requesón (ricotta cheese) and drizzle it with miel pura (honey) for dessert. It might sound a little odd, but actually it is so decadent. While shopping at Sprouts and seeing all the tempting peaches, this lovely memory came back to me and I had to recreate it with a modern twist.
This dish has to be the easiest recipe to make. It’s simple to prepare and not to mention fancy when garnished with a cute toothpick. To make this recipe even easier, purchase store bought flour tortillas and use a round cookie cutter for a cute presentation.
My grandma never added fruit to this treat, but I decided to add grilled peaches. I love the flavor of grilled peaches — the grill softens the peaches and magnifies the sweetness and juiciness while adding a smoky flavor. I have a feeling grandma would approve.
The combination of grilled peaches, ricotta cheese, and honey all wrapped up in a warm flour tortilla is heavenly. This is a great appetizer or dessert for a spring evening.
Mini Tortillas with Ricotta Cheese and Grilled Peaches
- 4 Sprouts flour tortillas
- 2 ripe peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh requesón (ricotta cheese)
- 1/4 cup Sprouts organic honey
- Cut 3-inch diameter circles out of the flour tortillas.
- Preheat a ridged griddle pan, until very hot. Grill sliced peaches for 2 to 4 minutes per side. Grill until the peaches are softened and are nicely char-marked.
- Place a dollop of fresh ricotta cheese on tortilla rounds. Place a couple of peach slices over cheese and drizzle with honey.
- Serve flat or fold over and garnish with a toothpick for an elegant sweet treat.
More recipes available at muybuenocookbook.com
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
This post is in partnership with Sprouts. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.