Holy choco-mole! This deliciously creamy Mexican Chocolate Avocado Pudding is so rich and dreamy, you’ll never believe that it is completely vegan. If you’re in the market for a healthy way to indulge your sweet tooth, this plant based chocolate mousse-like recipe is for you.
Are you a vegan, or do you have friends that are vegan? I used to stress out over making desserts for my plant-based friends until I had the idea for this vegan, dairy-free, no-cook recipe. I wanted something rich and delicious, but most of all, easy to make.
Avocado in Pudding? You’re Kidding, Right?
I know the thought of avocados in a dessert may sound weird, but believe me when I tell you that you would never guess this dessert is made with avocados. They are what give this dessert a sweet, smooth, and creamy texture, and I promise you can’t even taste them.
This mousse-like vegan pudding is rich, flavorful, and creamy. While chocolate avocado pudding might taste decadent and naughty, it’s so good for you! Avocados are filled with healthy fats, fiber, and potassium, and cocoa has some powerful antioxidant properties.
This homemade chocolate pudding is way healthier than store-bought chocolate pudding — my kids especially love this dessert!
How to Make Mexican Chocolate Avocado Pudding
This recipe is so simple, you could almost do it in your sleep. All you need is a blender or food processor to blend avocados, coconut milk, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, honey, and cocoa powder until creamy. That’s it. It takes less than five minutes from start to finish!
Arguably the hardest part of this recipe is waiting. Once you blend all the ingredients you want to be sure to chill the pudding for at least one hour. The pudding will taste much better when cold.
Watch my video to see how simple it really is to make.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can be used instead of honey?
If honey is off the table for you, feel free to substitute with either maple syrup or agave nectar.
How should I serve this vegan chocolate pudding?
This sumptuous dessert tastes perfectly sinful on its own, but if you want to get fancy with it, feel free to dress it up! Here are some fun suggestions:
- fresh berries
- banana slices
- whipped coconut cream
- toasted nuts
Can I make this chocolate avocado mousse ahead of time?
Heck yeah! It actually tastes better when it has chilled, so this is a perfect make ahead dessert.
Need more healthy recipes?
Check out these other recipes:
If you made this recipe for vegan Mexican Chocolate Avocado Pudding, please let me know how it turned out for you! I always love seeing your ratings and reviews.
If you’d like more delicious recipe ideas delivered straight to your inbox, sign up for my email newsletter! You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and subscribe to Muy Bueno on YouTube.
Mexican Chocolate and Avocado Pudding
- 3 ripe avocados pitted and peeled
- 3/4 to 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup honey, to taste (or agave nectar)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place ripe avocados in a food processor or blender. Add coconut milk to desired consistency, vanilla, cinnamon, honey, and cocoa powder.
- Pulse the mixture until very smooth and creamy.
- Serve in 4 glasses and chill them in the fridge from about an hour.
- Garnish with fresh berries or toppings of your choice.
- Feel free to add more coconut milk to desired consistency.
- You can even make this healthy dessert the night before and stir before serving.
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge up to 3 days, though best when fresh.
- If honey is off the table for you, feel free to substitute with either maple syrup or agave instead.