Are you a vegan or have friends that are vegan? I usually struggle trying to find a dessert to serve to my vegan friends. So I had the idea of this vegan and dairy-free recipe. I wanted something rich and delicious, but most of all, easy to make.
I know the thought of avocados in a dessert may sound weird, but believe me when I tell you that you would never guess this dessert is made with avocados. The avocados are what give this dessert a sweet, smooth, and creamy texture.
This pudding is rich, flavorful, and creamy. This dessert is going to feel decadent and naughty, but it’s so good for you and way healthier than store-bought chocolate pudding. My kids love this dessert!
All you need is a food processor or blender to blend all the ingredients until creamy. Once you blend all the ingredients you want to be sure to chill the pudding. The pudding will taste much better when cold. This is a nice chilled chocolate treat and no cooking is involved.
You can also make this dessert the night before which makes for a lovely entertaining dessert. Feel free to garnish with toppings of your choice. I can’t wait for you to try it.
Feel free to call this dessert, “Holy Chocomole” — I know I did. Watch my video to see how simple it really is to make.
Mexican Chocolate and Avocado Pudding
- 3 ripe avocados pitted and peeled
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup honey, to taste - or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place ripe avocados in a food processor or blender. Add coconut milk to desired consistency, vanilla, cinnamon, honey, and cocoa powder.
- Pulse the mixture until very smooth and creamy.
- Serve in 4 glasses and chill them in the fridge from about an hour.
- Garnish with fresh berries or toppings of your choice.
- You can even make this healthy dessert the night before and stir before serving.
A special thanks to Avocados from Mexico for sponsoring this video.