My kids love when I set up a salad bar because they love to make their own salads. Pull out all your leftovers and I bet your kids will enjoy salad night too. It’s a great interactive dinner and your children can make their own nutritious salad. This is also a great option for a summer party and is a fun alternative to the usual taco bar. Whether you choose savory or sweet ingredients – avocados add a fresh touch to any salad.
Watch my video to see how I set the stage and make an irresistible salad buffet. The dressing used in the video is a light Caesar salad dressing. Find the recipe below.
Light Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
A special thanks to Avocados from Mexico for sponsoring this video.