My all-time favorite football team is the Dallas Cowboys. I’m from Texas and when I was a little girl my dream was to be a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader. You might remember me sharing that hysterical story here.
My husband’s favorite team is the Pittsburgh Steelers and our children’s team is the Denver Broncos.
This football season was very exciting in our home, but as you know all teams were knocked out of the playoffs (sigh). Now its all about New England Patriots and Seattle Seahawks. Being that I’m not a fan of either, I’ve decided to cheer on cutie patootie, Tom Brady (ahem) I mean the Patriots.
But seriously, the Super Bowl for me is just a great excuse to eat some naughty appetizers. And one of my favorites is guacamole! The good news is that guacamole is actually good for you. The naughty part is the tortilla chips. So, I’ve decided to be a good girl this year and serve guacamole game day tostadas. Now I just need to practice self-control.
Whether you’re in it for the commercials, the actual game, or just the party, the big game is just around the corner. It’s time to start planning what you’ll make and take or, if you’re hosting, what your spread will consist of.
I have all the party inspiration you need with some of my favorites on the Muy Bueno Super Bowl Pinterest page.
Guacamole en Molcajete
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- In a molcajete, use the tejolote (lava-stone pestle) to grind the garlic, onion, jalapeño, and salt until all the ingredients are well ground.
- Dice the avocados and gently fold into the garlic-onion- chile paste, keeping the avocados fairly intact.
- Add tomatoes and squeeze the lime juice over the avocado and gently stir until the mixture is chunky.
- Taste and add salt, if necessary. Serve immediately, directly from the molcajete, with tortilla chips.
Disclosure: A special thanks to Avocados from Mexico for sponsoring this video.